SusanSalutations

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Easel Card



I made a birthday card for a girlfriend who lives three states away and was thrilled when a local girlfriend was able to take it with her to deliver it in person during her surprise fly-in visit!I added a large decorated paper clip to match as a little present :)

I sponged Daffodil Delight ink around the Scallop Circle die cut before stamping over it with some flourished form Baroque Motifs. Then I glued on some little flowers and put the lot through my Big Shot to emboss the die cut and the flowers together. Some bling finished it off nicely before I adhered it to my easel card front.

The inside was finished off with some Hodgepodge Hardware, some stamping, some buttons and strips of scalloped paper.

The pin was made by punching out two heart shapes, decorating them and adhering them together over the paper clip. A little bit of Concord Crush poly ribbon finished it off :)

4 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

This is beautiful Susan! Love how you added the extra dots to the inside sentiment. Perfect with the hardware too. Very, very pretty - I'm sure it will make her day!

Pearl said...

Such a lovely card , Susan ! Fab details ! I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated !

hugs ,

Unknown said...

Oh, this is a beautiful card!! I love the little pin too - too cute :0)

Anonymous said...

I really loved the colors you chose. A longer ribbon would have made it more delicate.